We all love fruit desserts. Not only are they delicious, but they are also healthier than regular desserts. On our list of healthy and delicious fruit desserts is the Honeycrisp apple crisp. The Honeycrisp apple crisp is a very great option for those who desire sweetness and nutrition in one plate.
The Honeycrisp apple crisp is a gluten-free option, not only that, it’s easy to make, so easy that it is even easier than making apple pie. The warm and sweet apple with loads of crisp topping is a bowl of delight and nutrition. Just as the saying goes; an apple a day keeps the doctors away, this gives us insights into the extent of apples’ nutritional value and honeycomb apples just happen to be one of the healthiest variants of apples.
In this article, we’ll be teaching you how to make your own gluten-free Honeycrisp apple crisp by giving you a very essential, beneficial, and easy-to-follow recipe, so you should read along for the full uncovering.
We’ll start by giving you the Ingredients needed to make this dish.
- 4-5 cups of washed, peeled, and sliced Honeycrisp apples.
- Melted butter
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla or rum
- 1 cup of oats (preferably old-fashioned oats)
- ½ of almond flour
- ⅓ cup of sliced pecans
- ¼ cup of melted butter/ coconut oil
- ½ of teaspoon kosher salt
- Greek yogurt, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream for extra topping (optional)
How to prepare:
Step 1: preheat your oven to a temperature of 350℉, take a pan of your choice, and grease it lightly.
Step 2: get a mixing bowl, pour in your diced or sliced apples, ½ tablespoon of cinnamon and vanilla or rum, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Go ahead and transfer them to your prepared dish.
Step 3: in another bowl, put in your oats, melted butter, almond flour, pecan, ¼ cup of maple syrup, remaining half teaspoon cinnamon, and some salt. Stir thoroughly to combine, then distribute the topping over the apple evenly.
Step 4: go ahead to bake for 35-40 minutes or the apple crisp has turned golden brown and tender. You can enjoy this recipe hot or cold, it’s best that you take it outside of the oven once’s it’s ready and leave it to cool off at room temperature, that way you can enjoy the crunch and crisp properly. If there are leftovers, it’s best to store them in your refrigerator and enjoy them whenever. You can eat them cold or hot.
- If you prefer more crisps than fruits, you can reduce the number of apples by half, or add double the amount of crisps to the ones you have.
- You can add other dried nuts, or dried fruits to your topping as well. Also, you can prep hours before, or even a day before, just slice your apples or combine your mixture and keep them refrigerated fill you’re ready to bake.
In conclusion, this is all you need to enjoy your easy and simple bowl of honeycrisp apple crisp.